Wednesday, September 9, 2015

For One Day


For one day
I would like to be
in someone else's body,

Kiss his girlfriend,

Hug his kids tightly;
if he had any,

Go to sleep with his wife
and make love with her,

Be a silent listener to his
family's prayers
at their dinner table,

Listen to his collection of
music late at night;

and watch his favorite
movies before falling off
to sleep on his couch,

I want to feel his pain
and anguish for loves
that he lost,

Eat the food that he likes,

Wear his shorts and feel
the comfortable cool breeze
coming from underneath
to touch his(my?) balls,

I want to look at the world
through his eyes; and
learn of his perspectives,

I want to feel his rage,

and his ecstasy,

Have an affair with his muse
and go on a vacation with her
to live his
wildest secret fantasies,

For one day, I want to live
the life of another man,

For one day, I want
to be free from the burdens
of this soul.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...