Sunday, December 20, 2015

2015: An Eulogy


Now that the year 2015 is coming to an end, it is only fair to write it a fitting eulogy.

This was one of the most important years of my life. It was tough one to begin with, but it reshaped me into someone I never thought I could be.

It was a year which helped me take some life changing decisions, and drastic measures.

This was the year where some people, who I thought were very close to me, lost their mask and showed me their ugly faces. It was also the year where I learned that absolute strangers can be the source of unconditional love, comfort and solace.

2015 was the year in which I published my first book, an anthology of poems. It was the very same year in which I got the recognition that I think was due since long.

It was the year which made me realize that all the love lost if not ours to begin with, for good reason too. It was the year which helped me find love in strange places, amongst strange faces, and within myself.

It was the very same year which made me fall in love with my words, all over again.

2015 taught me to be patient, and calm in the face of adversity. 2015 taught me humility. It also taught me that pain, and suffering is just a passing phase in life.

Above all, the year 2015 taught me to be strong.

Adieu my dear friend!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...